3.09.2008

When in Rome...

I've had a moment of introspection. In 2.5 years I've come to the realization that I've adapted to the pushy nature of Israeli society and notorious lack of social consideration.

For the first time I found myself fending off a woman attempting to cut in front of me in line at the market, who felt that her 6-pack of yogurts took precedence over my "10 items or less". Rather than being congenial, I instinctively puffed out my whopping 5 foot frame so that she couldn't pass by me, and shot a look that could stop a herd of charging elephants.

Though proud of this minor social battle, I found myself dismayed that this had come so naturally. Surely this is something I'll have to work on during my home leave in California. Maybe.

No comments:

Blog Designed by: NW Designs